Saturday, March 26, 2011

Name of the Day

Every day mom calls out a name. I call it the name of the Day. The name of the day is usually Ana, Carmen or Teddy. These are her sisters. She calls her brothers too. “Lalito, Nesto, and Willy.” Sometimes calls her grandchildren. “Mario, Makeda, Lamda.” I guess the names just come to her.

While my brother was visiting, she called, "Nito?" because she heard his voice.  He answered, yes mom.  She was really surprised when he answered.  Throughout his visit she would call out his name.  He would answer and she would have the same reaction.  It was like a game.  It was fun to witness.  My brother just smiled at her.  When she calls his name now, I tell her that he went back home.  She says, "No, I just talked to him this morning."

About a month ago, mom called out my cousin’s name. This really caught me by surprise because I had not heard from him since we were young. She said his name clearly. “Luis Acosta”. I tested her, “Who is that?” She looked at me and said with confidence, “Luisito is my nephew”.

One week after mom called Luis's name, I received a call from him. I was so happy to hear from him.  We chatted for a while.  I told him about mom.  He told me his good news.  He is with his son, and that he is now saved.  I forgot to tell him that he was the name of the day. 

Special thanks to Luis.  He and his prayer group have been praying for mom.  God Bless You.

2 comments:

  1. Mom calls out my name a lot. She calls out her sisters too. And they have been gone for years. She says my son's name almost everyday but he is named after my dad so might be my dad she is asking for. If I say what when she calls my name sometimes she answers and sometimes she does not. Her sentences don't make sense most of the time but every now and than she will say come here. Or I can't see . Or stop it!!! Really loud. Mostly when getting change or a bath. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Karen. Mom calls everyone but me. She calls me her sister. :-D

    ReplyDelete